Wednesday, November 9, 2011

15228

Whoot! Yesterday was the first day I actually not only met my daily word goal, but I surpassed it. I’m hoping I can keep that up. I know that most of what I’m drabbling on about is just crap that’ll end up getting cut, but it’s through the crap that I discover the characters and am able to get to what’s worth keeping.

I’d go on more, as it seems like I’m always so full of ideas of what to write here, even when I’ve no idea what to write for the book, but my brain is dead at the moment. So, I leave you with a tidbit:

I tried not to pout as I cast my mind around for something to shut him up. I crunched on the pretzel as I thought.

“I have a tattoo.”

That did it.

“Seriously?” he asked again, this time intrigued. I nodded. “Can I see it?”

I felt my face go scarlet.

“It’s not exactly placed for public viewing,” I mumbled.

“Now I really want to see it,” he said with a grin that should be illegal.

“At least tell me what it is.”

I looked up from my binder. Kyle was scribbling in his notebook, hopefully jotting down notes on what I’d just told him, but most likely trying to figure out where my tattoo might be.

“It’s a shamrock.”

He grinned at me, and I could tell he was trying to picture me with a shamrock somewhere on my body.

“I could make a joke about finding your lucky charms, but I’ll resist.”

No comments:

Post a Comment