Wednesday, November 23, 2011

40069

My laptop has died. One day I was at the library, writing away, the next, it refused to start. The hard drive fried. *sniff* Thankfully, everything was able to be saved, and my brother was sweet enough to bring his desktop into my room so I can continue writing. So yay.

Now I have to make a special trip to the library on the 30th so that I can load up all my words for NaNo's counter, though. Oh well. Could be worse.

I have also decided that I'm going to continue doing my own version of NaNo through December and January, aiming for 50k each time. I get that it will put me over 150k by February, but I figure I'll edit at least 30k out, so it'll work. I'll be calling these months MiNoWriMo (Miki Novel Writing Month). I find myself so clever at times. Tee hee.

The story's coming along quite nicely, though. Things have changed, and other's have developed in a way that I never expected. But that always happens. I just hope the creative juices keep flowing straight through to the end, including through the editing process. Here's hoping.

I'd love to be able to close with a clip from the story. It feels wrong not to. And there are so many little bits that would work so well. *sigh* Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment