Friday, November 4, 2011

3329

Another year, another NaNo. I’m running behind this year (wasn’t that the same tune I was singing all 2009?). I should be at 6668. So…eek! But, I’m hoping to write more when I get home. Thing is, I don’t have an office this year, somewhere I can go where there’s no TV, nothing to distract me. I need to learn how to focus myself. Or I need to start going somewhere after work where I can write for an hour or four.

Right, anywho, I’m working on the story with Sam, Mouse, Kyle, and Tommy that I’ve been brainstorming for the past year. I’ve posted a couple clips that I’ve come up with, as well as a couple pictures of actors that would look just like Tommy and Kyle, if only they were teenagers.

I’m going to keep this short, partially because if I’m going to be writing, it should be for the story, and partially because I worked all night, and it’s almost my bedtime. So here’s a clip, some more of the Sam and Kyle back and forth that I love so much:

“There’s a lot about me that would surprise you,” I told Kyle, realizing even as I spoke I sounded like a petulant child.

“Oh yeah?” he said with a smirk, obviously not believing me. “Such as?”

Oh crap.

I thought for a moment, trying to come up with something that would shut Kyle up but not embarrass me, all the while trying to ignore his increasingly smug expression.

“I have a wicked potty mouth,” I finally said.

Kyle burst into laughter.

“Seriously?” he chuckled.

“What?” I asked, pissed that I’d managed to embarrass myself despite my efforts.

“’A potty mouth’?” he asked incredulously. “If you word it like that, you so don’t have a ‘potty mouth.’” He snickered some more.

“And how should I have worded it?” I asked, glowering at him.

“I dunno, ‘I like to fucking swear?’”

“Ass,” I said, throwing a pillow at him.

“Oh, there’s the potty mouth,” he teased.

2 comments:

  1. MIK! i'm doing nano this year too! do you have the same user id? so i can add you as my writing frand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My user ID is mikideez. Add me! ^.^

    ReplyDelete