Monday, November 9, 2009

15523!

So, I kicked my goal of 15000 words for today. Yay for me. And for the first time, I'm above where the little NaNo graph says I should be. Another yay. So, to mark this great moment in time (at least my time), I'm going to post a little snibbit of our tale:

“Don’t change your teaching methods. I’ll keep the Council and the Church away from you, but those children need someone like you. They need someone to try to force them to think and not just go along with what’s put in front of them. Every child I saw in each of those twenty other settlements all looked the same. They had the same blank eyes, the same blank faces, and the same dull voices when they spoke. There was not one original thought in one of their heads. But these children, your children, they’re different, and that cannot be lost.”

Elizabeth looked up at Elijah in amazement. She’d never seen anyone so passionate about something in her life. It was as though a fire had been lit within him, burning in his eyes and through his skin where he touched her. She had the momentary thought that they would both go up in flames and perish, but she pushed it aside, craving the warmth she hadn’t realized she’d been lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment