Monday, November 9, 2009

Names and places

Figured I'd better start a list of character names and meanings, just so I don't end up with five Annes. Might also include places, so I can keep those straight, too.

Elizabeth: God is my oath
Elijah: The Lord is my God
Mary: Sea of bitterness
Anne: Gracious, merciful
Sarah: Princess
Hannah: Grace
Rebecca: Snare
Abraham: Father of nations
Katherine: Pure
Andrew: Manly
Kenan: To take posession
Jameson: Son of James
Thomas: A twin
Seth: Appointed

I might make a list later of all the names I'm thinking of using and their meanings, to help me better choose character names.

The two towns I've named so far are:

Providence: The capitol and town where Elijah and Elizabeth currently live and work.
Constance: The small settlement out West where Elizabeth grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment