Sunday, November 15, 2009

30036!

Whoot! Getting there, one 2500 word hurtle at a time.

Had our local write-in today. It was fun, just not productive. hehe We figured out that a 50k word novel is only about 200 pages. Way too short. If I keep up with my 2500 words a day, I'll have 70k by the 30th. So that's 280 pages. Not bad, but still not in the range I'd like to be in. I'd like to be between 350 and 500 pages, which is 87500 to 125000 words. Writing 2500 a day, I'll finish between December 5 and December 20. If my math is right. Which, given the time of night and how tired I am, it might not be.

As for my story, we're getting into the real meat and potatoes of it. Elizabeth is starting to learn how the Church really came to be, and what all Jameson did to come to power, and she doesn't like what she finds out. My own little twist on the tree of knowledge. But, isn't it always better to know, so you can make a well informed decision? I realized today I'm posing all these philisophical questions through this story, kind of neat.

Well, I'm off to bed. It's been a long day. Tomorrow's goal? 32500!

No comments:

Post a Comment