Thursday, November 26, 2009

48418

Well, I fell behind. I was supposed to be at 50k by Monday, but that didn't happen. Then life stepped in. I'll still be at 50k by next Monday, but I wanted to be at 70k by then. Oh well, it's not the end of the world.

I'm so close, though, I can almost taste it! Guh!

Things are moving along. The story has changed a few times; mostly the ending shifting around, the genre going from kind of a sci-fi action to a romance, and a few other small things. But otherwise, the main story itself has stayed the same, of which I'm proud. I'm not so proud of Elijah's hormones causing him to behave in little ways that makes Elizabeth uncomfortable. Oh well, a slice of realism, I suppose.

So, for the random quote of the day, let's see a bit of those hormones in action:

“They thought I bewitched you?”

Elijah nodded.

“Odd, isn’t it? Considering I, seduced you.” He traced his finger along Elizabeth’s bottom lip, causing her to tremble again, for entirely different reasons.

On that note, I hope everyone had a very happy Turkey day. I'll see ya'll later, hopefully with a few thousand more words under my belt. Laters!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miki!

    I see you hit your NaNo goal (I barely scraped by with mine). Congrats! I'm a fellow NY: Elsewhere member and you left me a very kind note about my excerpt.

    Just wanted to let you know I hope you keep working on your novel and maybe eventually a group of us locals can chat writing in Oneonta or somesuch (I missed the first meeting).

    Keep writing!
    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete